Creating back up for your Zen Cart HD FLV Player website is the foremost step you need to take to ensure integrity and safety. Irrespective of whether you are installing new plugins or upgrading versions or customizing the code, you are expected to back up your site as often as possible.
Backing up your Zen Cart -HD FLV Player website is one of the most important steps that you need to take to ensure integrity and sustenance of your Zen Cart -HD FLV Player website. Whether you’re installing a new plugin or theme, upgrading to the latest version, or customizing Zen Cart -HD FLV Player’s code, you should backup your website as often as possible.
This guides you through the process of creating backups. If you are not familiar with the terms below, be cautious when performing the listed actions. Many hosting providers give free backup systems that they could restore for you if necessary. We strongly suggest that you start after consulting your provider regarding backup services.
Further, backing up larger database is not a simple task, so in case of bigger sites the following instructions may not be suitable. If your site is large contact your hosting provider or one of your integration partners to discuss suitable back up strategies.
What is a backup?
Back up means taking copies of data as an effort of insurance. In case of loss of the original data, the back up will act as savior.
What’s the foremost to backup?
The straight and precise answer to the above question is: database. Because this is where your website’s most valuable data resides.
Majority of hosting providers more often include a version of phpmyAdmin. If you are not familiar with phpMyAdmin or not sure if your host provides access to the latter then please contact the provider and request for instructions.
In case your provider uses some other database management tool or doesn’t provide access to MySQL management tools, you can download a copy of the software from phpMyAdmin website.
Before creating a backup of your Zen Cart-HD FLV Player database, you will need to know the name of your Zen Cart-HD FLV Player database first and maybe the login credentials for the database. In case you don’t have this information memorized, or if it’s provided through your host’s control panel, you can easily retrieve it from the database configuration file that Zen Cart-HD FLV Player stores during the installation process.
Backup the Database
1. From main page of phpMyAdmin, locate and click on the “Export” menu item.
2. Once the page loads, locate the section of the page labeled “Export”. Select the name of your Zen Cart-HD FLV Player database and below the database selection box, make sure that the radio button next to “SQL” is selected.
3. Locate the section labelled “Structure” with a checkbox next to it. Select this checkbox and the following options below it:
Add DROP TABLE / VIEW / PROCEDURE / FUNCTION
Add IF NOT EXISTS
Add AUTO_INCREMENT value
Enclose table and field names with backquotes
4. A little further down the page, you should notice the section labeled “Data” with a checkbox next to it. Select this checkbox and the following items below it:
Select the check box marked “Complete inserts”.
Select the check box labeled “Use hexadecimal for binary fields”.
Select “INSERT” in the combo box labeled “Export type:”
5. Further down the page, ensure that the checkbox next to “Save as file” is selected.
6. Finally, click on the “Go” button to begin the export and wait for the file to download.
Backing Up Your Files
The core Zen Cart -HD FLV Player application files will not change often, however before you install, if you upgrade or make any changes to Zen Cart -HD FLV Player’s files, you should take a backup.
The space of Zen Cart -HD FLV Player’s application files total less than 5Mb making FTP (File Transfer Protocol) a viable option for quick backups prior to performing an upgrade or plugin installation. You can easily download these files and directories to your computer using a FTP client and archive them as needed.
In case you don’t already have a FTP client, you can use Filezilla, which is a free cross-platform FTP application. You may download a version of Filezilla compatible with your operating system on the download section of their website.
Restoring your Backup
If you encounter a critical situation like your site stops functioning due to a change, upgrade, or third-party mod installation, inevitably you’ll need to restore the backup you took. Follow the instructions below to restore your site.
1. From main page of phpMyAdmin, locate and click on the “Import” menu item
2. Click on the file upload dialog and locate the exported file you wish to import (the file you downloaded in the previous section).
3. Locate the section titled “Format of imported file” and ensure that “SQL” is selected.
4. Click the “Go” button to submit begins importing.
To restore your files, use an FTP client (like Filezilla, mentioned before) to upload the files you backed up onto your server. Overwrite the files on your server with the backup files to restore your site.